Recently, I got opportunity to interact with Regional Transport Office (RTO) for my car’s ownership transfer. My friends suggested to take help of an agent and get it done but I wasn’t in mood to pay kickbacks, hence I chose to do it my self. I faced bit of difficulty but I overpowered it with patience and persistence. The purpose of writing this blog is to ensure that others are benefitted out of my experience and eventually avoid paying any kickbacks or bribe to the agents.
In my case, my vehicle was registered under Kormangala, RTO and I’ve to get it registered in Indiranagar RTO. The ownership transfer process is listed below:
At original RTO, Kormangala:
- Get Clearance Certificate and Hypothecation (If the vehicle is on Loan) Cancelled from original RTO. In my case it was Koramangala. You need to produce the following documents.
- NOC letter issued from the owner.
- Form No. 35 in duplicate(hypothecation cancellation)
- Original RC Book.
- Self Addressed Clothed Envelope with 12 rs. ticket affixed on it for Local Speed Post. http://www.indiapost.gov.in/netscape/speedpost.html
- Next take all the documents to a verifier clerk in office and get it verified. Once verified you have to pay a fee of 100 rs for hypothecation cancellation and attach the chalan with the form. Finally you submit the application.
- After 1 week, you will receive the clearance certificate along with your RC book modified.
- Next you have to contact the new RTO office where the vehicle has to be registered.
At New RTO, IndiraNagar:
- Have following documents ready before you reach to RTO office.
- Form no CMV 29 in duplicate.
- Form no. CMV 30. If vehicle is covered under Hypothecation/HPA/Lease.
- Consent of financier. Original
- Registration Certificate(RC) Book. Original.
- Valid insurance. Photocopy
- Emission Certificate. Photocopy
- Address proof ( Ration Card, Voter ID). If you don’t have either of these, get an affidavit for address proof. You’ll find public notary in RTO premise who would endorse your affidavit at a nominal fee.
- PAN card . If there is no PAN number form no 61 in case of agriculturists and form no. 60 in case of others.
- Clearance Certificate issued by previous registering authority. Original
- Two passport size photographs of the transferee.
- Self Addressed Clothed Envelope with 12 rs. ticket affixed on it for Local Speed Post.
- Next take all the documents to a verifier clerk in office and get it verified. After documents are verified the clerk will redirect you to the next counter where you have to raise the Chalan.
- Go to next counter and have chalan raised by entering the details of your RC book in the system.
- Got to bill payment counter and pay the amount and obtain the chalan.
- Now submit all the documents along with the chalan to verifier clerk once again. Once verifier is done with the verification, he/she will redirect you to form submission counter. You submit all the forms and document and obtain an acknowldegement receipt. After 1 week, you should receive RC book/Smart card with your name and address in it.